It’s a misconception that Traditional Chinese Medicine is limited only to acupuncture and herbs. Moxibustion is another alternative Traditional Chinese Medicine which involves heat to create a therapeutic effect. Heat is provided on the acupuncture points and suction is created. The experts of SAGE Wellness Center use the crushed or pure form of Artemis. However, we also use herb mugwort or ai ya as both produce excess heat and perfectly generates suction. The purpose of moxibustion is to increase the blood circulation and stimulate the digestive system.
How Does Moxibustion Therapy Work?
The concept of moxibustion is based on the theory of energy channels and it’s similar to the acupuncture. Qi energy is strengthened by burning the moxa wool. The stagnations are removed from the body and blood vessels and experts believe that if stagnation can’t be cured with moxibustion then acupuncture can also not cure it. Moxibustion is the best solution to the depression happened due to the cold as it increases the blood circulation and improves the working of body organs. SAGE Wellness Center treats cold-dampness into the deep muscles with the help of moxibustion.
Types of Moxibustion
Direct and indirect moxibustion are the two types of moxibustion SAGE Wellness Center offers both kinds of moxibustions depends on the condition of the patient and prescription of the physicians’ Direct moxibustion involves the direct intact of moxa wool while the patient stays on the comfortable bed. The wool is burnt and placed on the acupoints to increase the blood circulation.
On the other hand, moxa stick goes closer to the patient’s skin but doesn’t touch it. The acupoint gets warmed and it directs blood flow and other fluids in the body. A tiger warmer is also used in indirect moxibustion and a buffer is placed between the skin and moxa stick. Garlic, ginger, and salts are the common buffers used in an indirect method.
The third type of moxibustion involves the wrapping of smaller balls of moxa around the acupuncture needles and practitioners keep needles lose to the skin until it gets warmed. The heat moves towards the acupuncture point and boosts the impact of acupuncture therapy. When acupuncture is joined with moxibustion it’s called acu-moxibustion.
“V-steam Herbal Therapy”: Fumigation
What is fumigation?
Fumigation with good oriental medicinal materials helps women to receive good energy via anus and genital organs. Males can receive such energy via the anus. Boiling and steaming oriental medicine is called fumigation. In the past, people put mugworts and oriental medicinal materials in boiling water contained in a chamber pot. Or they heated tiles and placed towels upon it for the therapy.
Effects of fumigation
When oriental medicinal materials are boiled and steamed toward womb, vagina, or anus, the steam effects will affect vagina and anus. Hip bathing uses water while fumigation applies steam to oriental medicinal materials.
– Directly affecting diseased part or genital organs, it will treat itchiness, eczema, colpitis, uterine myoma, cystis, etc.
2) Pain relief
– Promoting blood and lymph circulation around lower abdomen, it will help with treatment of period pain, leukorrhea. lower
abdominal pain, cold hands, and feet, back pain, neuralgia, etc.
3) Anti-inflammatory effects
– Alleviating inflammation, it is effective for anus diseases, bladder infection. prostate diseases, etc.
– The medicinal materials for fumigation therapy contain a component that increases white blood cells, which is good for
recovery of the diseased part and cell regeneration on the skin.
– The medicinal materials for fumigation therapy contain cineol, amylase, and vitamins, providing nutrients to the skin and
improving the skin elasticity.
6) Fat removal
– It promotes blood circulation of the lower abdomen and removes wastes or fat, which is effective against abdomen obesity.
– Fumigation as postnatal care is good for contraction of womb and vagina which may become loose after childbirth.
8) Beauty treatment
– As treatment for female genital organs and related to endocrine hormones, it will alleviate spots, pimples, and freckles.
It is also very good to improve allergic skin.
Benefits of Moxibustion Therapy
The benefits of moxibustion are countless benefits of moxibustion and here are some common benefits associated with the moxibustion.
- Highly beneficial for the back pain and stiff neck.
- It immediately removes menstrual-related pain.
- Increases appetite and improves the blood circulation and the amount of hemoglobin.
- Some minor cases of infertility can be cured with the help of moxibustion.
- The symptoms of stress and depression reduce with the help of moxibustion.
- Regular digestion is improved and power of combating with fatigue enhances.
SAGE Wellness Center and Moxibustion Therapy
SAGE Wellness Center offers the services of highly qualified therapists who perform authentic and professional service to the patients. We always welcome your queries and encourage the patients to personally visit our center for their own satisfaction.